We've tried to ensure the information displayed here is as accurate as possible. Should there be any inaccuracies, we would be grateful if you could let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org . All images and content are copyright.
(Please click on the thumbnail for a bigger image.)
The Old Courthouse, Ipoh
The picture shows a postcard of the Old Courthouse, in Ipoh. This building was the first courthouse, along Post Office Road - facing the Birch Clock Tower. The first court house was built in 1888, and remained a court house until 1909. There was also a time when the building was used on Sundays by the members of St Johns Church. The Church later moved into its own building in 1912. The building of the old courthouse remained at its location; it later paved way for the Perak State Mosque. The present Courthouse, along Club Road, was in fact the 3rd building.
To read about St John’s Church, click here.
To see pictures of the interior of the Old Courthouse, click here.
To know more about the Second Courthouse, click here.
To know more about the Third Courthouse (present building at Club Road), click here.